At Orange Business, the Public Cloud Business Area defines strategy and direction, and develops new business ventures and value propositions across Europe. Our 11-person strong team works closely with sales, presales and technical delivery to drive innovation and development of new value propositions and services.
Earlier this year we were merged with another company within the Orange family, greatly expanding our playing field and business areas. From being mainly a managed service provider, we are now a major player within on-prem managed services, public cloud operations, data & AI, customer experience and modern workspaces. Our main task now is to combine our public cloud operation with the other business areas and bringing the combined offering to the rest of Europe.
You as a Practice Lead will be key to the entire operation. Our practice leads combine solid knowledge of hyperscaler ecosystems with a keen business interest to drive our organization forward. The Practice Leads acts as the glue between partners, sales, marketing and delivery, not only defining what we do on the hyperscalers but also how we do it. To keep it simple: we cannot succeed without you.
We think you have a solid understanding of how modern application development and architectures are realized on hyperscalers. Experience from building and selling services, as well as building virtual teams, is key to succeed in the role.
Our company takes pride in providing technical excellence in close collaboration with our customers. We are highly ambitious with exciting expansion plans. As a practice lead you will be given significant freedom to define the content of the role and its execution. As a team, we all work hard to ensure that we grow, learn and succeed. In between, we make sure to have some fun, may it be through monthly social gatherings, hackathons or participation in partner events.
Now, for the formalities...
- Define the what and the how within the field.
- Lead product and value proposition strategy and development. Describe what we bring and how we do things in a an easily understandable way.
- Understand the development direction of the hyperscalers and how that presents opportunities for the business. Translate such knowledge into suggestions for new ventures and business opportunities.
- Define & run Guilds (expert communities) for knowledge sharing across delivery organization, for example on hyperscaler-specific topics, CI/CD, CAF/WAF pillars, Serverless, Cloud networking, Security and SRE practices.
- Develop, maintain, evangelize and anchor best practices using the guilds.
- Mentor sales on modern ways of using cloud and assist in the sales process.
- Discuss with clients on a regular basis to understand their needs.
- Collaborate with the partner manager on how to leverage hyperscaler partner programs for the benefit of the business and our clients.
- 5+ years experience working on delivering services in a highly complex environment, either for an international Managed Services Provider, SaaS provider or similar organization.
• Solid experience with Public Cloud operations, product and services strategy and technical implementations.
• Awareness of how the Public Cloud business model works and how it affects deliveries to clients in a “cloud service provider” environment. Preferably as a CTO, senior business development executive or similar with significant exposure to clients and product and strategy development.
• Experience running virtual organizations, preferably with people from different cultures and countries.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
It would be nice if you also have:
- One or more certifications in AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience running product development for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies.
- Fluent Swedish or Norwegian skills
But this is not essential.
What can we offer you?
Read about our benefits, culture and office here (Stockholm) and here (Oslo).
Why choose Orange Business:
At Orange Business, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Oslo/Stockholm means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our offices is/are Great place to Work certified.
We will screen applications on an ongoing basis, with the aim of conducting conversations and meetings as we receive the applications.
Are you interested to read more about Orange Business? Visit our Website or follow our LinkedIn account.