Why choose Orange Business:
At Orange Business, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Oslo means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our offices are Great place to Work certified.
The role and key areas of responsibility:
As a Site Manager you will provide expert-level facility management service to datacenter operations with emphasis on sustainability and facility efficiency in an always-on datacenter environment, including facilitating collaboration between key stakeholders, employees, suppliers, and customers. The Site Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the facility and maintain the maintenance cycle of all critical components of the datacenter infrastructure. The Site Manager will also demonstrate ethical thinking, creativity and take initiative to keep skills up to date.
Your main areas of responsibility and tasks will include:
- Assist in implementing datacenter best practices in all areas of expertise
- Ensure best use of datacenter infrastructure capabilities
- Own and lead maintenance and operations event schedules
- Maintain quality and excellence within all areas of responsibility
- Own and maintain technical descriptions and documentation within all areas of responsibility
- Assist presale teams with delivery of tenders together with the Head of Datacenter Infrastructure
- Mentor colleagues in fundamental principles of facility operations and maintenance
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of datacenter activities
- Participate in projects to ensure successful day-to-day deliveries to customers
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with colleagues and external suppliers
- At all times, maintain cleanliness of current working environment
For this position you should have:
- 4+ years of experience operating, troubleshooting, and managing industry-level electrical equipment
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, spoken and written
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Ability to be a part of 24/7 on-call rotation
- Valid driver’s license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles
- Experience in operating and maintaining gensets and UPS systems
- Experience in operating and maintaining chilled water systems
- Experience with BMS and implementation of monitoring systems
- Experience using a web-based ticketing system to manage, install and repair tasks
- It is an advantage if you also have a certificate of apprenticeship as an electrician.
We also believe that you are driven and motivated by responsibility and that you have a passion for Facility Management and IT. Since you will support the delivery of complex customer engagements, it is important that you are a service minded relationship-builder with strong business acumen.
The position requires that you have the ability to meet corporate, customer and/or government security screening requirements as needed for this position.
Interested but feel that you don't match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now?