Why choose Orange Business:
At Orange Business, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
The role and key areas of responsibility:
The Datacenter Infrastructure unit serve the dynamic, market driven workload of our global customers through several thousands of servers, network devices and connections. Our service portfolio is provided by highly secure, sustainable, compliant, and resilient datacenters in local and global markets, and delivered to enterprise-level customers in all industries.
As a Datacenter Technician you will provide expert-level facility management operations with emphasis on sustainability and facility efficiency in an always-on datacenter environment, including facilitating collaboration between key stakeholders, employees, suppliers, and customers. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the facilities and maintain the maintenance cycle of all critical components of the datacenter infrastructure. As a Datacenter Technician you will also demonstrate ethical thinking, creativity and take initiative to keep skills up to date. Traveling between our Datacenters in Europe may be required.
Your main areas of responsibility and tasks will include:
- Test, repair and maintain technical infrastructure in the datacentres
- Read electrical, architectural, and mechanical diagrams or drawings
- Understand electrical specifications and electrical theory to determine job requirements
- Oversee and support your team with electrical and other relevant deliverables from contractors and suppliers
- Perform power cycles, diagnose, troubleshoot, and manage data center equipment
- Rack, cable, and label datacenter equipment including network, server, and storage devices
- Manage a queue of install and repair tickets, provide details of work performed
- Create, document, and execute policies and procedures for Datacenter Operations
- Maintain cleanliness of working environment
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of data center activities
- Participate in projects to ensure successful day-to-day deliveries to our customers
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with the business teams and external suppliers
- Inspire, mentor, and motivate colleagues in the fundamental principles of successful facility management
For this position you should have:
- 4+ years of experience operating, troubleshooting, and managing industry-level electrical equipment
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, spoken and written
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Ability to be a part of 24/7 on-call rotation
- Valid driver’s license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles
- Experience in operating and maintaining gensets and UPS systems
- Experience in operating and maintaining chilled water systems
- Experience with BMS and implementation of monitoring systems
- Experience using a web-based ticketing system to manage, install and repair tasks
It is an advantage if you also have a certificate of apprenticeship as an electrician.
We also believe that you are driven and motivated by responsibility and that you have a passion for Facility Management and IT. Since you will support the delivery of complex customer engagements, it is important that you are a service minded relationship-builder with strong business acumen.
The position requires that you have the ability to meet corporate, customer and/or government security screening requirements as needed for this position.
Interested but feel that you don´t match the criteria 100%?
We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now? You can also Connect with us and specify what areas you are interested in. Both ways, we can keep your profile and consider you for different roles as well as keep you updated on exiting news.
- Business area
- Data Centers
About Orange Business
With nearly 30,000 committed experts, Orange Business, protects, and innovates to achieve sustainable growth for business customers, combining a global presence with a local approach. From connectivity and the Internet of Things (IoT) to the Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (AI), application development and cybersecurity, Orange Business supports customers at every step of their data journey to create a positive impact.
Loading application form
Already working at Orange Business ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.