Data Center Business Development Manager
Why choose Orange Business:
At Orange Business, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Oslo means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our offices are Great place to Work certified.
About the department:
With multiple facilities in the Oslo area, the Orange Business data centers are fulfilling the collocation and fully managed services requirements of financial institutions, high-tech companies, and enterprise corporations in a variety of industries. The goal of the Data Center Business Development Manager is to define and guide the overall strategic direction for business development and growth for our data centers. Working closely with stakeholders from other parts of the business and countries, to ensure alignment and maximize sales opportunities where possible. Furthermore, the Data Center Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring that the sales team meet the defined objectives and is the overall manager for the department.
About the role:
As Data Center Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the development of the Orange Business Datacenter Services sales organization and provide a clear strategy for business development and revenue growth for our data centers.
Data Center Business Development Manager must possess strong business ethics, great communication skills, and a strong drive paired with the willingness to take a leadership role in driving sales initiatives.
Main areas of responsibility:
• Develop sales strategy and implement it to grow business of data centers.
• Responsible for development of the Orange Business Datacenter Services sales organization.
• Work proactively to respond to leads/prospects, support bid responses, showcase the business benefit for customers.
• Establish, maintain, and grow profitable business relationships with selected customer(s) and prospects and negotiate various types of contracts.
• Work towards sales targets and support the sales process at all stages, working closely with the rest of the sales team.
• Build key stakeholder relationships across the business.
• Oversee the creation of a wide variety of customized, professional-quality marketing materials for new pursuits and renewal contracts.
• Communicating with clients to ensure that all their needs are understood and addressed.
• Building strong client relationships to maintain old business and acquire new business and new customers.
• Determine long term annual revenue/growth goals. Own industry operational plan (pipeline, leads and revenue).
• Conduct research in the data center market to gain understanding of segmentation, customers, market size, competitors, etc. Monitor national and global regulatory and legislative policies to identify trends and market opportunities.
To be successful in this role we think you have:
• Previous experience in a similar role, within a technical sales environment.
• Strong leadership skills and strategic mindset, with a proven track record of driving profitable growth.
• Strong experience of leading a sales team.
• Experience in Customer agreement management
• Good understanding of the technology relevant to Orange Business and able to present this to technical stakeholders.
• Strong abilities in negotiation, networking, persuasion, and time management.
• Possess a deep understanding of the data center sector.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral) in Norwegian and English.
• Ability to manage complete sales cycle for technology solutions to technical and executive audiences.
It's also nice if you have:
• Familiarity with CRM tools (eg. Salesforce) would be a plus
• Experience in selling Datacenter services would be a plus.
On a more personal note, we are looking for a person with a business mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit. We also think you are goal-oriented with a positive attitude. We like to have fun at work and hope you do to!
Interested but feel that you don´t match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now? You can also Connect with us and specify what areas you are interested in. Both ways, we can keep your profile and consider you for different roles as well as keep you updated on exiting news.
- Business area
- Sales & Marketing
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Orange Business
With nearly 30,000 committed experts, Orange Business, protects, and innovates to achieve sustainable growth for business customers, combining a global presence with a local approach. From connectivity and the Internet of Things (IoT) to the Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (AI), application development and cybersecurity, Orange Business supports customers at every step of their data journey to create a positive impact.
Data Center Business Development Manager
Loading application form
Already working at Orange Business ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.