Why choose Orange Business Services:
At Orange Business Services, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Oslo means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our office is Great place to Work certified.
The role and key areas of responsibility:
In the position as Database Consultant within Open Source at Orange Business Services you will work in a cross-country team that are responsible for Database solutions OnPrem and in the cloud. To maintain, support and improve our database solutions, you will work close together with your team as well as other departments in Orange Business Services. You will also handle events, incidents, changes and various projects. The Open Source automation we have created is very exciting technically. Among other things, we can point to many complex environments that are crucial for our society.
Our Open Source colleagues are very experienced within databases, our setups and integrations. This is a great opportunity for you to acquire allot of knowledge in databases in general and Open Source databases, like MariaDB and MongoDB, but also Database versions in public cloud.
If you are newly graduated or have a few years' experience within IT already, this is a great position for you to start your career in Database. Traits such as willing to learn, structured, systematic, calm and teamwork come in handy to prioritize tasks.
Database has 24/7 responsibility, but for this position there is only a voluntary duty scheme with emergency compensation.
To summarize, you will:
- Prioritize, diagnose, and solve incidents according to agreed procedures
- Take responsibility for problem resolution, recommend options, implementation
- Review, assess and implement Customer change requests
- Plan, assess and execute maintenance tasks on the production platform
- Follow up on Lifecycle Management on database services
- Health Checks, proactive services
- Attend and contribute to projects
- Application Automation
For this position you should have:
- Relevant IT education
- Preferably 0-3 years of relevant experience in IT and server operation
- Good experience with Linux / Unix environments
- Preferably some knowledge with Open Source Databases
- Interested to develop within Databases
- Basic understanding of storage and networking
- Fluent communication skills in Norwegian and English
If you would like to show your interest in this position, please click the application button and send us your application. We use ongoing selection, so please submit you application as soon as possible.
Interested but feel that you don´t match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now?