Why choose Orange Business Services:
At Orange Business Services, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Stockholm means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our office is Great place to Work certified.
The role and key areas of responsibility:
As a Database Consultant within MS SQL at Orange Business Services you will work in a cross-country team that are responsible for On-Prem and Cloud database solutions. To maintain, support and improve our database solutions, you will work close together with your team as well as other departments in Orange Business Services. You will also handle events, incidents, changes, and various projects. Our SQL database colleagues have many years´ experience with Databases in general, and Orange Business Services environments specifically. This is a great opportunity for you to acquire allot of knowledge in databases in general and MS SQL databases both on private clouds and on public cloud. We also offer possibilities to get to know/work with CosmosDB in Azure.
If you are newly graduated or have a few years' experience within IT already, this is a great position for you to start your career in Database. Traits such as willing to learn, structured, systematic, calm and teamwork come in handy for the tasks in this position.
The SQL team has a 24/7 responsibility, so for this position there will be an On-call rotation with your colleagues. You will have a 7 day On-call approximately every 8th week and for this you will be compensated.
To summarize, you will:
- Prioritize, diagnose, and solve incidents according to agreed procedures
- Take responsibility for problem resolution, recommend options, implementation
- Review, assess and implement Customer change requests
- Plan, assess and execute maintenance tasks on the production platform
- Follow up on Lifecycle Management on database services
- Health Checks, proactive services
- Attend and contribute to projects
- Application Automation
For this position you should have:
- Relevant IT education
- Around 0-3 years relevant experience working within the IT industry
- Good experience and/or knowledge of Windows server environment
- Some experience and/or knowledge from working with database technologies, preferably SQL databases
- Interest to gain more experience with SQL databases
- Basic understanding of virtualization, storage, and network
- Fluent communication skills in English and Swedish
If you would like to show your interest in this position, please click the application button and send us your application. We use ongoing selection, so please submit you application as soon as possible.
Interested but feel that you don´t match the criteria 100%? We encourage you to apply anyway! Your perfect match might be the next job we are announcing, so why not have a head start and apply now?