Why choose Orange Business Services:
At Orange Business Services, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Stockholm means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our office is Great place to Work certified.
The role and key areas of responsibility:
If you wish to start a career within Databases, and have the interest and willingness to learn, this position could be for you. As a Database Consultant at Orange Business Services you will work in a cross-country team together with our customers and their Orange Business Services customer team, to serve On-Prem and Cloud database solutions. You will be a part of the Database team and work with the other members to maintain and support our database platforms and our customers database environment. The different teams are working with events, incidents, changes, and various projects. Our Oracle database colleagues have many years´ experience with Databases in general, and Orange Business Services environments specifically.
In Orange Business Services we work close together. Therefore, we are looking for someone who thrives working in a team and like to include new colleagues. Characteristics like structured, systematic, and calm will take you far since there is often a lot to handle.
The Database team has a 24/7 responsibility, but for most database colleagues it is voluntary and will be compensated.
To summarize, you will:
- Prioritize, diagnose, and solve incidents according to agreed procedures
- Take responsibility for problem resolution, recommend options, implementation
- Review, assess and implement Customer change requests
- Plan, assess and execute maintenance tasks on the production platform
- Follow up on Lifecycle Management on database services
- Health Checks, proactive services
- Attend and contribute to projects
- Application Automation
For this position you should have:
- Fluent communication skills in Swedish and English
- Around 2-4 years relevant experience working within the IT industry
- Solid knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Interest to learn Oracle/Postgres
- Some experience from working with database technologies
- Basic understanding of virtualization, storage, and network
If you would like to show your interest in a this position, please click the application button and send us your application.
We will screen applications on an ongoing basis, with the aim of conducting conversations and meetings as we receive the applications.
Are you interested to read more about Orange Business Services, then visit our Website or follow our LinkedIn account.