Why choose Orange Business Services:
At Orange Business Services, part of the Orange group, you will become part of a team with committed colleagues who are genuinely interested in technology and its application. We are convinced that data is an exceptional but still underutilized resource. We work daily to unlock the potential of data to create positive impact.
Joining our team in Stockholm means to join a respectful and safe environment, where everyone’s voice is heard and where you are encouraged to take initiative and cultivate ideas. You will get plenty opportunities to grow & develop. Whether at home or in the office, by playing together we create positive impact for our customers. Our office is Great place to Work certified.
About the role:
As a Senior Systems Engineer with focus on Windows within our infrastructure team OS&Middleware, you will work with the development and operation of the Windows based infrastructure within Orange Business Services, aiming to standardize and automate where possible. You will work closely with other team members and with colleagues in other Orange Business Services departments to improve existing platforms and core systems as well as explore and develop even better ways of managing the "fleet" of thousands of servers. From time to time, you will also act as an advisor for both internal and external customers.
The role and key areas of responsibility:
- Planning and executing large and small improvement tasks (sometimes in the form of an internal project)
- Supporting colleagues in improvement tasks, troubleshooting and error handling
- Contribute to the life cycle management process for the systems where your team is responsible
- Acting as third-line support for other Orange Business Services departments and customers on operational issues
- Participating in the handling of critical events (like security incidents or major operational incidents)
- Eventually taking on ownership of one or more of the Windows related systems or areas where the OS&Middleware team is responsible
For this position you should have:
- A Bachelor's or master's degree (or equivalent education) within IT preferred, optionally relevant training and/or certifications
- At least 4 years of relevant experience within the IT industry, preferably in a large operations setting (for a service provider or within an enterprise IT organization)
- Experience managing large Windows server environments
- Experience with scripting/programming (PowerShell or similar)
- Good knowledge on internet/networking technologies (DNS, DHCP, NTP, TCP/IP and FW/LB concepts)
- General understanding of server virtualization technologies
- Very good communication skills (both written and spoken) and English
Since we work in a large-scale Microsoft management portfolio (SCCM/MECM) it is a bonus if you have this experience from before. We also see it as an advantage if you have experience with Ansible, are familiar with Kanban and DevOps and/or have good knowledge in Microsoft cluster technologies, SQL and Azure AD. We work according to the ITIL framework and hope you do to.
We work service mindedly, helping our colleagues and customers in the best possible way. At the same time, we also prioritize getting focus-time when needed, and we have adapted our office space and hybrid way of working to benefit both needs. You will drive your own work and ensure progress is made on the tasks at hand. We are driven by curiosity towards problem-solving, other people and technology, and we hope that you want to learn and develop with us.
If you would like to show your interest in this position, please click the application button and send us your application.
We will screen applications on an ongoing basis, with the aim of conducting conversations and meetings as we receive the applications.
Are you interested to read more about Orange Business Services, then visit our Website or follow our LinkedIn account.